Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

AI prime wifi LED

reefernanoman

chilled_fire

Got the light few hours back. as described earlier it's really good for the price. Only problem is the arm mount. Took me almost an hour to set it up and it still won't stay in place it just drops down . frustrating.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Very. The arm itself is great. Simple to setup and flexible for most tanks.

The mount to the fixture is what needs help...

Should've been a metal spacer

I sized up the Prime against my existing DT fixture and decided to test it out over my frag / QT set up before I go down the path of switching out fixtures over my DT. It isn't a big deal for me to switch but it will take more effort / time than I have this weekend and on top of that I'm not convinced that it will ultimately end up over my DT.

I have mounted the light using the hanging kit. Initially, I had the sagging issue that others have complained about with the arm but if you tighten the two screws properly as posted by Justin earlier in this thread, it should resolve itself. Just tighten in small increments alternating between the two screws. Over time, I imagine the initial positioning will develop some degree of "memory" as a small plastic ring assists in providing the friction needed to hold the fixture where you want it set in the mount. I'm sure folks will come up with some creative ways to improve the "bite" in the joint.

Overall, if you just lay out the parts and look at the diagram that comes with the hanging kit, you should have a fairly easy time assembling it. I didn't even go to the web site for additional information, it was very intuitive.

• Like 1
TheKingInYellow

Maybe put a small piece of adhesive backed sandpaper where the ball grips? I guarantee you it won't move but adjusting will get trickier.

It's a fascinating type of hanger.

It would be nice if the bracket were available in white as well as the black and unpainted options so it would match the white fixture better.

masterbuilder

It's a fascinating type of hanger.

It would be nice if the bracket were available in white as well as the black and unpainted options so it would match the white fixture better.

Salty Supply shows the hanging kit and tank mount in black or white.

Salty Supply shows the hanging kit and tank mount in black or white.

Really? From what I read it comes in black or silver. Even salty supply's description for the white hanging bracket says black or silver.

Odd.

• Like 1
masterbuilder

Really? From what I read it comes in black or silver. Even salty supply's description for the white hanging bracket says black or silver.

Odd.

You are right. I only looked at the description on the main page. When looking at the detailed description for the one Salty calls white, it is actually brushed aluminum. I think the brushed aluminum would look better with the white unit rather than a white bracket. But...I dont own one to really make a judgement.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I sized up the Prime against my existing DT fixture and decided to test it out over my frag / QT set up before I go down the path of switching out fixtures over my DT. It isn't a big deal for me to switch but it will take more effort / time than I have this weekend and on top of that I'm not convinced that it will ultimately end up over my DT.

I have mounted the light using the hanging kit. Initially, I had the sagging issue that others have complained about with the arm but if you tighten the two screws properly as posted by Justin earlier in this thread, it should resolve itself. Just tighten in small increments alternating between the two screws. Over time, I imagine the initial positioning will develop some degree of "memory" as a small plastic ring assists in providing the friction needed to hold the fixture where you want it set in the mount. I'm sure folks will come up with some creative ways to improve the "bite" in the joint.

Overall, if you just lay out the parts and look at the diagram that comes with the hanging kit, you should have a fairly easy time assembling it. I didn't even go to the web site for additional information, it was very intuitive.

I know how to properly tighten bolts, and this has nothing to do with the bolts... there is no friction from the spacer, the bracket is shut firm against the other side, so I'm not sure what to do...

Heres a figure showing how I got my lights to stop from drooping.

Also, this is how I have temporarily suspended 2 fixtures over my 40 breeder by bolting two AI tank mount arms together. From center to center, the two fixtures are 15" apart. This was the closest I could get them due to the length of the arm. This is just a temp configuration tho

Overall, I like the light! Previously I was using a 4 bulb t5ho fixture and the control-ability with the Prime is a world of a difference!

Untitled

temp AI Prime hanging

reefernanoman

Lets see some pics on tanks!!!!!

And some FTS and upclose pictures of the corals too. I'm pretty sure it looks fine from the initial impressions

Just picked up the AI Prime this last Friday and already loving it! Setting image shows the intensities at the time of pic. (They were low since they were going down for "sunset")

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Top.jpg

Settings.jpg

Settings2.jpg

• Like 3
reefernanoman

Just picked up the AI Prime this last Friday and already loving it! Setting image shows the intensities at the time of pic. (They were low since they were going down for "sunset")

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Top.jpg

Settings.jpg

Settings2.jpg

Looks nice!

This may be a long shot but couldn't you use carbon paste (like the one you use on a seatpost of your mountainbike) to tighten the grip?

Just a question for the people who already have one:

So i understand that the fan is always on, can you hear it running?

porkchop-rob

I know how to properly tighten bolts, and this has nothing to do with the bolts... there is no friction from the spacer, the bracket is shut firm against the other side, so I'm not sure what to do...

Change out the spacer for one of the spares they sent. Then tighten the bolts slowly, and only enough to hold the light...do not "crank down" on them. Once you crush the plastic spacer, its useless.

If that fails, then use a small pc of paper or card stock in the ball joint to tighten everything up.

So i understand that the fan is always on, can you hear it running?

Dead Silent

reefernanoman

I see that all of the online retailers still have these little gems in stock. I guess they made a whole bunch of them.

I see that all of the online retailers still have these little gems in stock. I guess they made a whole bunch of them.

Probably because they had an extra six months to crank out some more. :)

• Like 1